Panasonic AF100 users, there is a firmware update available for your camera (to ver 1.15). In my opinion, the most important update is this: When you are using the camera in VFR (variable frame rate) mode, now there will be an icon in your viewfinder that tells you that audio is NOT being recorded. In case you weren’t aware, before the update, your audio meters would function as normal, even though your camera was not recording audio in VFR mode. This is a VERY important fix, because even if you are recording at the standard frame rate for your scene file when in VFR mode, the camera will still not record audio, UNLIKE the HPX170, which WOULD record audio when you put it back to your scene file’s frame rate after over or undercranking it. With the AF100, you actually have to go into the menu and turn off VFR mode in the scene file.
Here is a list of the update features:
1. The color of the picture in the LCD display has been improved.
2. During VFR recording, an icon which tells “No audio is recorded” has
been added in View finder and LCD display. There is no change for the
functionality of the camera.
3. Capability for handling the invisible file made by Mac has been added.
The firmware update for the items below has been made possible by using
– Camera body of AG-AF100 series firmware update
– Lens firmware update by using AG-AF100 series
Click here to download the firmware update from Panasonic. Be sure to read the update instructions carefully!